Cornell University in Ithaca, NY!! We had offers all the way from California and Massachusetts, but we both just felt like Ithaca was the best choice. Brian talked to the professor he will be working for on the phone and I could just tell how excited he was about working for him. Two of the most important things in my mind are liking who you work for and being interested in his research, and Brian has found both! It will definitely be an adjustment since we have been living in a very warm place for the past 4 years, but I'm excited. Not that we have done too much exploring out here, but we will within driving distance to things I've always wanted to see...Niagara Falls, Pennsylvania (Amish people and the Hershey factory). Brian has never been to New York City, so I'm excited to see it as well. We don't know how much longer it will take Brian to finish up here (depends on how his research goes), but we're excited to start this new leg of our adventure together. Once we have more details I'll share, but we wanted to thank you for your prayers and support.
Sunday, June 1, 2008
And the winner is....
Posted by
Cecilia
at
4:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
WOO HOO! doesn't it feel great just to know the "where" even when you're not sure of the "when"??
Congratulations! Ithaca is beautiful. I am glad you guys are doing well.
I hope you guys are very happy in NY :)
Post a Comment