Sunday, February 7, 2010

In real life

I didn't blog much while I was in Georgia so I'm pretty far behind on the happenings. One of the neatest things that happened while I was 'home' was that I got to meet another babyloss mom in person. Tonya is such a sweetheart, and is a good friend of my Aunt Lori. She was tender enough to send me a very thoughtful email after we lost Ethan, and it was a big comfort to know someone else understood.

Tonya, Aunt Lori and I met at Tonya's house and it was just what I needed. One of the things that I've realized about how I've changed is that I have a very hard time showing my emotions in front of others. Not necessarily the best habit, and poor Bri ends up dealing with the aftermath. Talking with Tonya, the tears just flowed. She got it! With the stress of the holidays and being back where we lost him, it was a time that I very much needed.

After I calmed down =), we ate at a cute little place called Sugar and Spice (I think that's the name) and I had really yummy Chicken salad. We also looked around Real Deals, a cool place with all kinds of nic nacs and furniture. If we lived closer, I might have gone home with some goodies =).


Thanks for letting me just be me, Tonya. It was great meeting you and I hope to see you again!!

(ignore my cheesy grin and windblown look, I had to share the picture!)

5 comments:

Josh and Donna said...

isn't the Lord's provision and timing so awesome!

heatherstockett said...

I'm so glad you were able to find comfort in someone. Continuing to pray for yall.

Tonya said...

I am SO glad we had the chance to meet! It is a true gift to connect with someone else in person who has experienced a similar loss. It was a GREAT time, and I enjoyed it SO much! Your Aunt Lori is wonderful, isn't she?

The wind was terrible that day, wasn't it?

I think of you and pray for you often. When you come back to GA for another visit, you better let me know! I'd love to see you again! (and yes, you remembered the name of the cafe correctly)

Love and blessings,
Tonya

Shannon said...

Yay! Where is that Sugar and Spice restaurant? Isn't Real Deals awesome?

Holly said...

It helps so much to connect IRL with other loss moms. I'm glad you got to!