We tried something different last night, and I thought I would pass it along in case you are also in a food slump. I'm not a great cook, nor very adventurous, but for once winging it payed off! Here's what we did:
Mexican Stuffed Bell Peppers
Serves 6 people (yup, I made way too much but hopefully it will be good leftovers).
6 bell peppers, cored and rinsed (we used the sweet ones because that's what we had)
1/2 to 1 lb seasoned ground beef or chicken, cooked.*
1 cup of Spanish rice, cooked**
Shredded cheese
Black beans or refried beans (optional, we're going to add next time)
Salsa or diced tomatoes
We layered the ingredients in each bell pepper and then cooked in the oven for 30 minutes at 400 degrees. I put a tiny bit of chicken broth in the bottom of the dish to try to keep them from getting too dry, but I don't know if it made a difference.
Remove from oven, serve with sour cream and guacamole if you're into that, and enjoy!
*I ended up cooking a whole pound of taco meat and two chicken breasts so it's hard to say, but I could see how this would be a good way to use up leftover taco meat too. We had some of both meats left over.
**We make Spanish/Mexican rice an easy way. Boil 1/2 cup of chicken broth, 1/2 cup of salsa and then add 1 cup of minute rice. Not authentic, but still tasty!

4 comments:
yummy can't wait to try these when you come down
Looks delicious! Can't wait to try them myself. Thanks for sharing this :)
they sound wonderful! I was actually planning on making stuffed bell peppers in the next couple of days but didn't want to do my "regular recipe". Will defnitely try your recipe! Can't wait:)
Yum Yum!
Post a Comment