Sunday, August 8, 2010

A visit to the Orchard


Since Brian and I started dating, I have wanted to visit an orchard. Being from Ellijay, Brian has seen enough apples to last a lifetime so he wasn't too excited to go. Yesterday when he got off work he came home and told me to put on some comfy shoes but he wouldn't tell me where we were going. I was so excited when we pulled up to a u-pick orchard! They had three kinds of early apples and peaches. At the end, they even had homemade apple cider doughnuts and they were great too. I've pretty much given up eating apples from the store (I hate the wax and mushy texture) so it has been wonderful to have some at home. I've already had three ;). Brian even said he would be willing to go back so we might make another visit as more apples start to ripen.

5 comments:

heatherstockett said...

I love that hubby of yours! That's so sweet, literally ;)

Lori said...

How nice of your husband! Fresh apples are delicious! Thank you for visiting my blog and reading about Megan.

Unknown said...

Fresh Apples actually sound REALLy good to me right now! Yum Yum

NotIbutHewhoiswithinme said...

me and robert stopped in elijah on the way to Mom and dads and got some muscadine Cider...oh my heavens best stuff ive ever drank...if there in season I highly recommend trying it!!!

Anonymous said...

We do Mums too. traditions are so much fun and you can make your own too. I do it all the time..hehe. Take care my friend~