Tuesday was our appointment with the specialist. I didn't want to get into why we had the appointment until it was over and I knew how things were going to go. When we went to our anatomy ultrasound, they saw multiple choroid plexus cysts in baby girl's brain. When we met with the midwife afterward to discuss, one of the things mentioned was trisomy 18. She said the risk was small, but that was all it took for my mind to start turning and I was devastated. The meeting with the specialist was to have a special ultrasound to look for the cysts and other markers and also to meet with a genetic counselor.
Brian and I went to the appointment on Tuesday and I was really nervous. The ultrasound tech was really nice and she commented on how active our little girl is. She took lots and lots of measurements and pictures and told us at the end that baby girl is measuring 2 lbs 1 oz. I know there are margins of error for these measurements, but it made me feel better because at 26 weeks she is already bigger than Ethan was at 29 weeks. Afterward we met with the genetic counselor and she told us that the cysts were gone. Oh sweet relief! She asked a lot of questions about our family histories and we talked about Ethan and the genetic testing we had done on the placenta. Based on all this information she said that the risk that she has trisomy 18 is well less than 1%.
We left the appointment and decided to go celebrate! We haven't had BBQ in over a year so we went to Dinosaur BBQ (our appointment was in Syracuse). It wasn't Salt Lick by a long shot, but it was still tasty. Definitely a nice end to a stressful day!
Now to make it past 29 weeks and beyond. We have weekly appointments now so hopefully we will be able to watch little girl's growth closely.


10 comments:
So happy about your news! Continued prayers for all 3 of you :) XOXO
Praying for all 3 of you!
Praying or ya'll for sure. BTW we went Dinosaur BBQ on one of our NY trips. It was okay, but I'm a simple Sonny's gal :)
Praying for ya'll for sure. BTW we went to Dinosaur BBQ on one of our NY trips too. It was good, but I'm a Sonny's kind of gal :)
praise the Lord!!!
So glad the cysts were gone! Praise Him!
So awesome!! God is so good!!! We'll keep praying for you all :)
Princess long is gonna be a gymnast like her cousin Reagan!!
Ahh!! I can't wait till December:)
Praise God for your wonderful news! We continue to pray for you guys and your pregnancy!
Praise God for your wonderful news! We continue to pray for you guys and your pregnancy!
Post a Comment