Ethan's first birthday was bittersweet, but it was wonderful to remember. Brian and I discussed how we wanted to remember and decided to make it a day we spent together. My one request was that I get to make a card for his birthday (the one I posted on that day) and it was nice to have something to focus on. On the 28th, we went and bought flowers for the cemetery and a little cross. My aunt made us a few arrangements we are going to switch out later on in the year so he will always have flowers.
The rest of the day was quiet. We watched his NILMDTS slide show for the first time. It was beautiful and I'm glad we have it in addition to the pictures. I think Bri and I needed the day to just love on each other and remember, and I'm happy that we were able to spend the time together in Georgia.
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I love his flowers and it's nice you have some to be able to switch out. My mom also made a few arrangements that she gave us for Carleigh's birthday. I was glad to have them since her birthday flowers disappeared.
Thank you so much for entering my giveaway. It is so nice to "meet" you! I'm so sorry for the road you and your husband have walked this past year. I cant imagine how difficult it must be. The flowers are beautiful on your son's grave.
Ethan's marker and flowers are beautiful. I'm so, so glad you were able to be here in GA for that oh so bittersweet day. I know that was a blessing in and of itself. Thinking of you and praying for you!
Love,
Tonya
Post a Comment