Monday, May 31, 2010

Robert's T-shirt quilt

I have been working with my sister-in-law to make a t-shirt quilt for my brother. Luckily my mom was willing to help me or I don't think I would have gotten it done. Quilting with t-shirts is different because jersey stretches (even with the interfacing on the back) so it made sewing on the cotton strips and actually quilting it interesting. We loosely used these directions to figure out how big to make the t-shirt blocks and how to do the interfacing. Overall, I think it turned out pretty well though it's probably the last one I'll do for awhile! At least until I get a real table to quilt on, my 4 ft folding plastic one was no match for this heavy thing (sliding sewing machine, anyone?).

4 comments:

heatherstockett said...

Again, you're amazing!! I need to get you to make Jackson something ;)

NotIbutHewhoiswithinme said...

I'm sorry it gave you such a hard time, but he truly loves it..... He uses it more than that brown blanket he just had to get for christmas :) We are so lucky to have you in our lives not just for your sweing ability but so much more I love you!!!!

Shannon said...

that's awesome!

Shannon said...

that's awesome!