Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Recycling clothes: adult t-shirt to toddler dress

This one was a bit of a bear compared to the top. We started with a UGA shirt of mine that I don't really wear.  It was harder to be able to keep all the character since it was printed so close to the neckline. We also didn't really have anything to compare with of Reagan's size-wise, so Mom ended up taking it in once she tried it on. We did ruffles at the bottom again, and made a casing on the top with elastic in it. It was cut apart and taken in at the sides too.


The t-shirt

Taking in the sides, cutting arm holes, and opening up the old sleeves to make straps.

The finished product before we tried it on Reagan. You can't see them well, but there is a ruffle flower on it too.

Miss Priss with the dress on.


I have to say, my mom did most of the work on this one. She's a much better sewer than I am and has more patience!

8 comments:

Lindsey Oliver said...

I love, love, love it!!!! I've got a couple of shirts I want to do this to for Nora.... I'll let you know how they turn out!! Seriously, this is adorable.

Amie Kirk said...

SO adorable!

heatherstockett said...

Precious!!

Tonya said...

Sooo cute! I wish I was crafty/handy like that. My mom was a serious seamstress. She made most of my clothes as a young child and even made my dad's three piece suits (lined) that he wore to work every day. I, unfortunately, did not inherit that talent or desire. Great job! Hope you're doing well.

Love,
Tonya

許向霖 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
NotIbutHewhoiswithinme said...

i think this is My favorite you've done for her so far......we're so ready for football reason :)

柏WallaceD_Garbut信WallaceD_Garbutt1031 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
babyrndeb said...

that dress is too cute!! I need someone to do that with all of our things we've been cleaning out!