Friday, September 3, 2010

I'm ready

Or at least I think I am :).

This is a big year for the Longs for a variety of reasons. Brian is working hard to keep up with Post doc work and get ready to apply for teaching positions. There are many late nights of proposal writing and searching for universities that are hiring. As ready as I am to know we will be living in a place for a longer period of time, it's also hard to believe we are finally at this point! The changes for us don't stop with jobs though.

Do you know what all these things have in common?


We had a pantry closet full of these things for several months. And I ate them exclusively :). Because our growing little one was making their mama sick. I have never been so thankful for morning/all day sickness in my life!



We found out at the end of April, right before we left to spend Ethan's birthday in Georgia. Knowing didn't diminish the sadness we felt missing Ethan but I do think it gave us hope. We debated over and over when we would tell others. We aren't naive to the things that can go wrong, but we also wanted to enjoy every moment we do have with this new little one. It has been an interesting juxtaposition of emotions and I don't always handle vulnerability and emotions together well. So, please forgive us for waiting until now to share in our news.

9 weeks

11 weeks

21 weeks
 
Our due date is January 4th, and we are currently 22 weeks. We have met with a MFM specialist, and have a plan for how things will be handled differently this time. Growth scans have started every 3-4 weeks and it has been nice to get the extra peeks. Our appointments will start to get closer together starting at 24 weeks and will continue until little one is born.

So now you know why things have been quiet around here lately. I've actually written a few posts and just kept them in draft since I don't want to forget this time in our lives. You may see them popping up periodically as I backtrack. We are happy for the gift of this little one, and ask you to join us in celebrating the gift of today.

Will you join us in praying that we get to bring this little one home?

17 comments:

Holly said...

I've very happy you shared this wonderful news with us!! Beaming with excitement for you

Bill & Stacie said...

Words cannot express how happy I am for you and Brian! I will pray for everyone's health and safety. I kind of had a feeling you were expecting and I am glad I was right.

Kristin Brannan Wilson said...

Woohoo! Congratulations! I am so happy for you and Brian! I will be praying for you and the baby's health.

Josh and Donna said...

love the pics! so sweet!

heatherstockett said...

So incredibly happy for you both! Praying for a healthy baby and pregnancy. Love ALL of you :)

The Berls said...

So incredibly excited for yall! We will definitely be praying for the little one. Do you know if the little one is a girl or boy?

Amie Kirk said...

Congratulations! Tears are running down my face. I am so excited for you guys, and I will be keeping you and your little one in my prayers!

Unknown said...

Cecilia, This news is SO exciting! I am very happy for yall and will be praying for your family and this little one.

Lindsey said...

Oh Cecilia!!! I am so happy for you. I am in tears of joy and happiness for you both. I know that God has you all in His hands. I am praying for y'all!

Sarah said...

Soooo very happy for you! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! Thanks for stopping by my blog. We are due semi close together. :) I love the pics of your new little one.

Jenn said...

Ooooooh, I am so excited for you all!! It makes my heart smile to see this post!! I LOVE YOU SOOOO MUCH!!

Lindsey Oliver said...

I'm so happy for you!!!! Many, many congrats. The pictures are precious. Praying for you guys!!!!

Sarah said...

I have tears of happiness streaming down my face! I am so excited for you guys! We will be praying for you, Brian, and your little one! May God cover you with health during your pregnancy. Blessings ~ Sarah, Bart, Cailee, & Madalyn Rose

Harriett said...

I'm so excited for you and Brian...and for your families too! I've been praying and will continue to pray for good health for you and baby Long. Ethan is smiling on you from Heaven and you honor him by bringing this sweet one into the world.

NotIbutHewhoiswithinme said...

Yeay Its official..... Now I can shop and not worry about who is around me .....!!!!!!!ILY -sis-in-law

Jae and Sierra said...

Cecilia!!!!! I am SO excited for you two! What an amazing blessing! I will be praying for everyone's health, and can't wait to see more posts about your little blessing!