At the end of August Brian and I took our first overnight trip since we moved to New York. Brian really wanted to go to see Brooks and Dunn since this was their last tour. The concert was on Friday night in "east bumble", so we got a hotel room in Buffalo. Brooks and Dunn put on a great concert, and I was tickled at how many people were there. Let's just say that there are country folk everywhere and some of these folks put Southerners to shame :). I didn't take any pictures because it was dark, but it was fun.
We got back to our hotel very late so we got a later start than we intended on Saturday. We stopped for lunch at Duff's Famous Wings which was really yummy. You can't go to the Buffalo area and at least have buffalo wings once. We started out on the US side of Niagara Falls and enjoyed a walk through the park there and taking pictures along the waterfall. We decided not to ride on Maid of the Mist and I'm kinda glad. We had planned on walking all day so I wouldn't have been happy to be soaked.
The misty water did quite a number on my hair, but I had to include a picture of us together.
We decided to walk across the footbridge and use our enhanced drivers licenses. Well, a short trip across to the Canadian side to take some pictures of the falls turned into nearly two hours sitting in customs/immigration. We do not have good luck when it comes to getting randomly selected, so keep that in mind if you ever travel with us:).
The view of the falls was better on the Canadian side because the US side is a park. The Canadian side is really touristy (hotels, casinos, etc.) so when you are looking from the US side you see lots of buildings. The Canadian side did have a beautiful garden on it. It was neat to walk around and Bri even got to play a few hands of cards at the casino.
On Sunday we went back into Canada to visit a charming little town called Niagara on the Lake. I highly recommend visiting it if you are ever in Canada. There were lots of shops with beautiful flowers everywhere. It was a nice area to take in and walk around.
We headed back to Ithaca from there and picked up the pups. It was absolutely wonderful to spend a weekend entirely with Bri away from the distractions of work!

3 comments:
I've always wanted to visit NY and see all the sites. Looks like yall had a great time :) Love seeing the pic of you and Brian!!
this is my oh so jealious face :)
I LOVE Niagara Falls! We've done both the US and the Canadian sides. Our favorite by far was the Cave of the Winds! EXTRA FUN!! It is So beautiful isn't it?
Post a Comment