Sunday, November 7, 2010

Quick Update

Since this is also our family journal, I think I'm going to start posting regular NICU updates, and post-dating the ones that are for earlier days. I will eventually post Hannah's birth story but it will be long. It involves hospitalization, an ambulance ride to a bigger city, preeclampsia, placental abruption, emergent C-section with Daddy on the way, a seizure and a long NICU stay.  To say this has been a crazy and sometimes deja vu experience would be true. The good news is Hannah Kate was born breathing on her own and hasn't had breathing issues so far. She has lots to learn in other areas, but you have to be thankful for the blessings. Here's a picture from yesterday. It was a stressful one mostly because I'm exhausted and hormonal :). But, this little girl melts my heart and I cherish the time she can be out of the isolette.


2 comments:

Tonya said...

She is absolutely precious! I'm so glad she hasn't had to have help with her breathing. That's a definite blessing in and of itself, especially considering how early she was. Please know that I continue to pray for her and can't wait to read what happened and also read your updates as she grows. I'm here if you need anything!

Love,
Tonya

Holly said...

Oh she is precious! Congrats on her birth and I'll be praying for her!