I thought I would have time before now to update but it just hasn't happened. It will happen eventually, I'm just enjoying time with our little girl! I wasn't sure I would ever get to say that so I'm soaking it all up.
The good news is that Hannah Kate was transferred to Ithaca today!!!! I'd say that is a pretty big two week birthday present :). We started hearing rumors last week that Hannah might be transferred to Ithaca once she reached 1500 grams. This was exciting and stressful at the same time because she would be going from a highly regarded level 4 NICU to a community hospital with a level 2 NICU. We went and saw the NICU yesterday and met with the Neonatologist and felt a lot better. It is very small, but the doctor gave us a very good feeling about their abilities. Well, today she rode on an ambulance with a nurse and a respiratory therapist all the way from Syracuse! We couldn't go with her, but we were able to see her when she got to the hospital. She was wide awake and looking around. They told us that she is now 3 lbs 6 oz (1540 grams) and that they are going to increase her feeding today to 16 ml.
We still have a long road ahead. She needs to learn to eat (rather than a feeding tube), maintain her temperature, things like that. We've heard it could be anywhere from her due date (8 more weeks) to around 36 weeks before she can come home. It all depends on how well she does. Regardless, we are happy she is in a good place and that we will get to see her for longer periods of time.
Now that she is in Ithaca we will get to see her after dinner and I can't wait! I can start driving on Monday and then they will get sick of seeing my face :).

7 comments:
oh, this is wonderful news!!
Keeping you guys in my prayers and congratulations!!! She is perfect! If she needs any hospital hats or outfits let me know. It will be on the house of course! You can shop my website at www.collectionsbytaranicole.blogspot.com
I also have little premie shirts I can applique too!
Cecilia,
Amazing that Hannah is safe and sound in Ithaca!!! Please let us know how we can continue to help out as you transition into this new stage...I'm sure you will be at the hospital quite often...
know that we love you and miss you and are so thankful for the blessings you and Brian have received!!
and thanks for sharing the blog - it means so much!
-suzy<><
p.s. I'm writing from Jim's account because he's the one with the gmail account...
praise the Lord!!
Go, Hannah! Strong like her parents! Glad she's closer and doing so well. Continued prayers.
I hope she continues to improve & can go home soon!
Continuing in prayer for sweet Hannah and for all of you...
Post a Comment