April 28th was the second anniversary of Ethan's birth. In some ways I can't believe it's been two years since we said goodbye. Has it really been that long since I held him?
Remembering our first born isn't something we do only on his birthday. I can't forget the little one who made me a mother. I may not mention him as much, but it isn't because I don't think about him. In some ways it still feels too painful to talk about, and in other ways I feel like his is so precious to me that I guard those memories. Not the best explanation, but the only way I know how to describe it.
Brian and I hope to always visit the cemetery on his birthday. I know he isn't there, but it's a safe place, and taking care of his grave is the only way we can take care of him. This year we brought Hannah Kate with us. I want her to know about Ethan and how there lives are intertwined.
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Remembering Ethan
We love and miss you sweet boy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hes gone ,but hes definitely not forgotten the little man picture still has a place on my desk where I can see it everyday!!! We love you guys!!
I don't know what to say...other than I love you.
Post a Comment