Our Thanksgiving was quiet but wonderful with Hannah Kate home. It was nice to enjoy Thanksgiving with my Mom and Dad because we haven't celebrated it with family since we got married (I miss that). One of the things I was excited about was putting HK in a holiday outfit since we couldn't do that at the hospital. The only thing I'd found was newborn so it was way too big but it was still cute.
Don't ask me why, but I really wanted a picture of her with the turkey. It's crazy how much bigger than her it is (4 lbs 6 oz compared to 13 lbs), though you can't tell as well because she wrapped in two blankets. Bri deep fried a turkey and it was yummy. My parents have never had one before so it was nice to share a tradition we picked up in Texas.
This was the star of the show though. You can't get sweet tea up here and we make it at home but it just doesn't taste the same. Mom and Dad brought this up and it's a bit ridiculous how excited Brian and I were to drink it. We don't have a Chickfila up here but during football season we see lots of yummy commercials.
Overall it was a holiday to be thankful for. We even skyped with our family back in Georgia so they could see Hannah Kate. Hopefully next year we will all be together again but until then we're grateful for technology.

2 comments:
She's so tiny! I love the pic of her and the turkey!! Do you want me to mail you a gallon of McAlister's sweet tea?? ;)
Her little turkey outfit is cute!
Post a Comment