We received our NILMDTS prints of Ethan in the mail today. Last week we got the CD and DVD slideshow, and I was able to order some of the pictures. I can't say enough about our photographer Robin Ewing and the compassion she showed to us. She had a shoot in middle GA that day and still drove up to Gwinnett to volunteer and take our pictures that night. For some reason, seeing them on the computer was different than holding the prints. What a blessing to see that sweet face!
I'm usually a pretty private person, so being honest here is still surprising to me. Moving to Ithaca though has made me appreciate the friends and family we have around the country now, so it has been wonderful to stay in touch. Maybe one day I will post the pictures, but for now, here's a pic of some of the prints I ordered.
I went to the doctor up here for the first time. I was incredibly nervous, but the entire staff was so compassionate. My records had not arrived yet so we could not discuss specifics, but we did discuss our situation with the doctor and she reaffirmed that we didn't do anything wrong. When something like this happens it's hard not to think about the 'what ifs' and 'if I'd of onlys', so meeting with her helped give me some peace. The doctor called the next day and my liver enzymes are no longer elevated, an answered prayer. Once my records come in and she can look at them, we will meet again to discuss things more. Please pray for wisdom for us as we decide where to go from here.
Have you read Philippians 4 lately? I memorized part of it while we were in Texas, but it has been on my mind lately. I am such a planner and having parts of our lives up in the air can be stressful. The whole chapter is worth reading, but here's the part that I've been trying to put into practice (bold mine):
6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
... for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

4 comments:
the pics are beautiful, brought tears to my eyes! and i love that scripture, i totally needed to hear that cecilia.
Cecilia the pics are absolutely amazing and I completely understand about holding them its soo differen't. Ethan was a beautiful beautiful gift made from your and Brians love for each other and the Lord. God's Plan's aren't our plans and as much as we needed Ethan, God must have needed him a little more. I'm Glad you found a Doctor you like and I'm praying for you and Brian that God leads you down the Path he's laid out for you too!! I love you very very much !
what a beautiful baby, cecilia. he is absolutely perfect. and what a great report on you. i know God has His hand in this and will see you through. Love that verse.
Cecilia,
I'm so sorry that I haven't posted sooner. I visit your site often to check in on you. Know that you're in our prayers. Thank you for sharing your precious photos with us. What a gift to have! You're a strong woman of great faith - you're sure to touch many!!!
Post a Comment