Monday, July 20, 2009

Yummo Salsa

Living in Texas for five years definitely spoiled us as far as Tex-mex is concerned. I recently found this fresh salsa/pico de gallo recipe and we are in love! Here's our take as well as the link to the original recipe. It makes a lot, so keep that in mind.

12 Roma tomatoes
1/2 C fresh cilantro
1 onion (we used Vidalia)
10-15 drops tobasco
1 T vinegar
juice of a lime
salt
pepper
1/2-1T garlic salt
1 jalapeno pepper
1/4 t cumin

We don't have a good chopper, so we put it in our little food processor. If you had a chopper (or are better at chopping than I am) it makes a pretty pico too.

The last time we made it, we cut the amount of tomatoes and cilantro in half and used the same amount of the other ingredients in the original recipe. It made it spicier and a better amount for just the two of us, but I wished we would have cut the onion in half (Bri liked it that way though). Enjoy!!


Original Recipe from Finding my feet blog

2 comments:

NotIbutHewhoiswithinme said...

yummo I'll have to make this for Robert

Shannon said...

sounds yummy! we have several tomatoes we need to use up, so I might try it.