Sweet baby, has it really been three months? Mommy misses you always Ethan, but the 28ths are always the hardest.
When you were first born, it was like time stood still. We were grieving, but I don't think I completely understood that time was passing. I am starting to realize now how much things have changed over the past few months. I had two friends in Texas that were also pregnant with me. I am close to both, and was blessed to have sweet women to share the experience. Leah and I walked nearly every day and dreamed about what our babies would be like. Jenn was so happy to hear that you were finally on the way. She knew how much Mommy wanted a baby for a long time, and I loved being able to talk to her about you too. Our co-workers even through us a joint baby shower the week before Daddy and I left Texas. It was perfect way to celebrate three little babies and a complete surprise to me! Then you came at the end of April instead of in July. Baby E was born in June and baby S in July after your due date. I was so relieved to hear that everyone was safe, but I couldn't help but think of you too. Such bittersweet emotions to be so completely happy that everyone is safe and sad that you aren't here. I'm so glad that my friends still allow me to celebrate with them and see their little ones grow. They, along with countless others, have supported us so much even though I know it isn't easy.
Your pictures are on the fireplace and I get to see your precious face everyday now. One of my favorite pictures is just of the back of your head. I remember how excited I was that you had dark wavy hair. I had a dream a few weeks before that you had dark hair, but Daddy didn't think you would since both of us had light hair as babies. We couldn't decide who you looked most like, a good blend of both I think.
You were loved on by so much family that day. Your Grandma and Grandpa, Mimi and Pops, Aunts and Uncles, Nana and Papa, and Aunt Lori. I really wish you had gotten to know everyone, we're quirky, but love each other so much! I don't know what I would do if I didn't believe that God had a plan in all of this and that we will get to see you again someday in Heaven. In the past few weeks I have listened to the song 'Homesick' so many times and dreamed of what it will be like to see you again. One day, baby boy, one day.
We love you so much Ethan!!!!
Monday, July 27, 2009
Three Months
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
What a beautiful testiment of a Mother's love and God's love for us.
One day, Cecilia, you will definitely see him again. I love you so much.
We do love you Ethan and I wouldn't take anything for that time I got to hold you in my arms and tell you i love you and see your little button nose just like your mommy....Don't tell brain this but you looked more like your mommy to me.....I love you .......and want you to know we're rtaking good care of your mommy and daddy and giving them lots of love for you...... love,
Your aunt Tara
God Bless you guys...there will be good to come from all this, now you have your own little angel up there watching over you!
What beautiful photos of a such a precious gift. Ethan is lucky to have such faithful, loving parents. What a sweet day that will be...
Ethan will always be part of your lives and the lives of the people who love you and Brian. I'm so glad you have the pictures of him and that your family had time with him. Just keep taking it one day at a time...God isn't going to let you down.
Still thinking of you guys so much. What beautiful pictures. One day at a time, you will come out on top.... So glad you are using this as such an encouragement for others out there.... praying for you often. love yall!
Cecilia, I am so glad that you posted on my blog. I have been on my knees for you, sweet girl. Every Sunday I see your mom and dad and God reminds me to be praying for you.
Ethan is beautiful.
Thinking of you guys and your sweet baby boy.
28ths are a little bit harder for me too since Carleigh was born still March 28th.
Post a Comment