Thursday, August 20, 2009

Things that make me smile

Sometimes I have to remind myself that there are things in my life that make me happy. I just struggle with the things that aren't the way I would choose them to be (losing Ethan, moving again, being unemployed). Don't get me wrong, I know I'm blessed. I just need to sit down every once in awhile and 'choose joy'. Here are just a few of the things that make me smile:

- I have a hubby that loves me, even though I can be difficult. He knows how to make me smile for sure.


- I get to spend time with my doggies every day. Who wouldn't love spending time with these two cuties!


- These pics definitely makes me smile. I think this is the first time I truly laughed after we lost Ethan. Bri was trying to bake a cake for work (they have a birthday tradition where people bring in a cake when it's there turn) and it quickly went down hill. We salvaged it though (cutting off the crustier pieces and adding brownies).




- I have great friends and family all over the country! When days get tough I know I have people I can count on.

- Being unemployed has allowed me to test out my crafty side. Making things for other people really makes me happy!

- Learning how to 'coupon' better. Thanks to Jen, who finally made drugstore shopping make sense! I get excited (yup folks, I live an exciting life =) when I can get things for free or much cheaper.

- Seeing other people who have also had a baby born still go on to have another baby. I don't know the family personally, but have followed their story through friends and they had a baby girl yesterday. It gives me hope that one day we might have a little one on earth too!

4 comments:

heatherstockett said...

I always love a deal! You need to clue me in on the drugstore shopping. Gracie and Toby look so cute!!

Shannon said...

that cake me me laugh :) That's a great pic of you guys.

Ann Voskamp @Holy Experience said...

Giving thanks brings joy and you are wise...
And encourage.

You make Him smile....

Keep shining, Beautiful Heart...
All's grace,
Ann

NotIbutHewhoiswithinme said...

finding out my siter inlaw and brotherillaw are coming home for christmas makes me oooooh sooo happy .... also the coupons I have yet to come out better than saving as much as im spending one day I'll get the niche of it. I love you girl and love seeing you get your craft on!!