I'm still new at this drug store savings stuff, so I was pleasantly surprised when I saw my Single Check Rebate (SCR) for this month. (Okay, who am kidding, I was so excited I called Bri and my Mom. I lead an exciting life!). I'm sure people can do better, but it is amazing to me that I have been missing out all this time. The RiteAid system is so easy, and I like that you get a check back rather than 'store bucks' that you have to keep up with until you redeem them. So here's what I got this month along with the breakdown:(Ignore some of the partially used things, I promise they were full when I got them =))
In a few different trips over the month I bought:
-Garnier Fructis Conditioner
-Crest Pro Health Toothpaste
-Zantac Cool mint tablets
-Dawn Apple Dish Soap
-Oxy Clean powder
-Pledge Fabric Sweeper
-Aussie Moist Conditioner (x2)
-Zyrtec 40 ct
-Zyrtec 30 ct
-Replenish Contact solution
-Tampax Pearls 40 ct
-Tampax Pearls 20 ct
-Total Advanced Toothpaste
-Tylenol 8Hr
Keep in mind that this is all brand name stuff, and many things are usually pretty expensive (Zantac being the biggie).
With tax, that's a total of $72.31 spent this month. But, guess how much I'm getting back as a rebate check? $50.77!!!! So, I got all that stuff for $21.54 including tax. My biggest rebate is because of the Zyrtec I bought combined with the Tylenol. Tylenol that I bought because it was free and I had a coupon, so it earned me a dollar. I didn't even realize it was part of J&J's rebate and I got $25 because I spent $50 on selected J&J products (keep in mind this is before all the coupons and SCRs which is another neat thing about Rite Aid. I didn't spend anywhere close to $50 on these three things. Rite Aid also has a Zyrtec Rewards program that I'm also earning towards, so they aren't stingy on rebates).
Rite Aid is great at pairing up Single Check Rebate items with coupons that are in the paper (they even tell you about some of them in their circular). Several of these things are free and can even earn you money if you use the coupons (toothpastes, contact solution, Tylenol and Zantac above) . All you have to do is watch the circular and look at the rebates online. Honestly there are several sites that list them weekly which makes it even easier.
Happy Shopping!!
Monday, August 31, 2009
I heart RiteAid!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Hmm...I should check this out, though I don't know if there's a Rite Aid near us. And kudos to you for putting a picture with Tampons in it on your blog. Hehehe. :)
Hee hee, I've gotten over a lot of my bashfulness since high school =). Crazy what saving a little money will make you do!
Great job!! I have considered playing the CVS game, but just feel like doing Publix and Kroger nearly every week are enough boring places to drag Micah :) Maybe now he's in school for a couple mornings a week, I should take advantage (although I've told Stacy that I won't be shopping, I need to be working out!)
ok so this is the first time i did the single check rebate thing and I got a whole 1.50 back this month but i only bought a bottle of homeopathic cold medicine too soo Ive so gotta start paying more attention to this stuff your getting good I can't have my sis -in-law beating me on the deal findings:)
Cool! I've thought about doing this too, but we just don't use much of it. I would end up giving so much away. Great deals though. If I had a little free time, I would do it just for the fun of it (yes, saving money makes me excited too).
Our rite aid closed:( BUT I've had great fun at Walgreens as well! I've MADE money many times by combining the coupons and rebate.
Post a Comment