Friday, August 7, 2009

Reagan's pillowcase dress

Quilting has opened up my world to a love of fabric. I have been ogling this fruit fabric at Joann's for awhile, but the print was bigger than I would use on the small quilts I've been making. I have seen pictures of little girls in pillowcase dresses lately and think they are adorable! Since I don't have a little girl right now, I decided to make one for Reagan. I was waiting to post the pictures until my Dad was able to bring the dress home (it was a surprise for my niece and sister-in-law).

Honestly, one of the things I love the most about blogs and the internet these days is that you can find free patterns for all kinds of things. I'm going to make her a few more since it was so easy to make. I've seen them worn as dresses, with jeans, and with long sleeve shirts under them so they are pretty versatile. Without further ado, here it is!!

I'll post pictures of the adventures my Dad and I had together later this week. It was nice to have my Dad here to explore Ithaca with and the weather is perfect right now. We both like to keep busy, and there are several places to hike around here. Pictures to come...

10 comments:

NotIbutHewhoiswithinme said...

Everyone as cute as this dress is on a hanger It's even way more cute in person. Reagan loved the dress and didn't want to take it off..... I love that I have a sister-in-law that's so talented and loves to make things for her neice thanks again Sissy

Tara

heatherstockett said...

OMGoodness that is ADORABLE! I think you should make me something :)

Lindsey Oliver said...

You taking orders? :) It's totally precious.

Unknown said...

Darling! I LOVE IT!!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Just blog hopping and found your blog....so glad that I did. I enjoyed your post and will be back to read more. I have a GREAT giveaway going through Sunday night...$100 Surprise Gift....with a little Christmas to go along with it.

Shannon said...

So cute!

Josh and Donna said...

LOVE IT! can i order one for marah? seriously!

Amie Kirk said...

Great Job!! I almost bought that fabric the other day when I was at Joann's, But since I don't have a little girl either I decided against it. I am currently obsessed with fabric "stalking" as I call it. Because I look at it all day long and end up buying nothing... It is still fun though.

Unknown said...

Just adorable! I wish I had that kind of talent and desire, sewing just isn't my thing. Oh well, can't have it all right? I'm content with what God gave me (most of the time).

It was a fun visit today. You have a cute blog.
Have a lovely week.
Lynnette

Unknown said...

And I can't believe I forgot to say how sorry I am about your son Ethan. He is a beautiful creation of our Savior and I look forward to meeting him in heaven.

Tenderly,
Lynnette