My sweet friend Sarah gave me a bloggy award. I'm not sure I have 10 interesting honest things to say, so we'll go with random. Bear with me, they may be a stretch =)
1. I used to have a belly ring. It was probably the most rebellious thing I did in college, and I asked my mom first (yup, call me a wild child). I don't think she was thrilled, but she let me do it anyway. At least I could take it out when I got tired of it.
2.I currently have a favorite spice. Yes, this is possible. I don't know where cumin has been all my life, but at the very least tacos and salsa would never be the same at our house.
3. I love trying out recipes. I'm not really all about fancy recipes, and lately I've been trying some of the recipes I've seen on blogs. Our current favorites are meatballs and salsa (pico style and Chili's style). I really want to try these cinnamon rolls for the holidays.
4. I love, love my dogs. I had dogs growing up. As much as I loved them, it isn't the same as these two. They will always be our first two 'babies', and I think they have especially helped us cope over the past 6 months.5. I have an obsession with fabric and sewing, and it honestly just started about 6 months ago! It doesn't come easy to me, but I love looking at fabrics (even if it's oogling) and thinking about all the things I can make with it. Quilting is one of my favorite things to do, and I love that they are so useful!
6. I always thought I would live in Georgia my whole life. Marrying Bri and moving to Texas and then New York have been two of the biggest leaps from my comfort I have made. He's worth it though =).
7. I'm not a huge decorator, but I have an obsession with Christmas decorations. I have two sets of Christmas dishes. Yep, two. One I got for a wedding present and has snowmen on it, and the others Mom and I collected. They have a western snowman theme, and they make me smile!
| From For the Long haul |
Ignore the broken chair, it was a casualty of the move to Texas.
8. Which reminds me, have I ever told you we moved to Texas in a cattle trailer? Renting a U-haul was beyond our just married budget, and Brian's Uncle was kind enough to lend it to us. I'm pretty sure the neighbors thought hillbillies were moving in next door, but it was free and I'd do it again if our stuff would still fit!
9. I'm attempting to read through the Bible in a year. It's something that has always intimidated me, but I found a schedule that I liked (on Prayer of Hannah) and have really learned a lot so far. If your interested, here's the link.
10. When we got our New York driver's licenses, we decided to get the enhanced ones so that hopefully we could visit Canada before we move again. This was before the big hoopla about scanners being able to read them. I'm really funny about my privacy (not in a build a bunker kinda way) and was a little freaked out by this. Have no fears, because when they came in the mail they included radioactive sleeves to keep them in. I definitely keep mine in the sleeve, but it didn't exactly calm my fears and I get funny looks if someone needs to see my driver's license and I have to pull it out!
Now aren't you glad you know those things about me now?
I nominate Shannon, Heather, and Donna. Play along if you want gals!
Here are the rules:
1. Say thanks and give a link to the one who gave you the award.
2. Share 10 honest things about yourself.
3. Present this award to 3 other fantastically brilliant blogs of content or design, or peeps that have encouraged you.
4. Tell those 3 people they've been awarded and make sure they're informed of these guidelines.


6 comments:
I got a belly ring in college too. It was right before my freshman year. All the girls in my college house got it done and I didn't tell my parents. They eventually found out. I still have it.
I love the belly ring story! I wish Wes had called to ask my permission before he got his tongue pierced....at least he has finally taken it out for good. Love the quilt picture...next time you are home we should go fabric shopping. I can spend all day looking at fabric even if I don't buy any!
You WILD woman!!! A belly ring??!!! I never would of guessed. I have a tattoo that I got the day I turned 18... my parents still don't know!! Regan saw it not too long ago and figured it out. I can't say it's dirt anymore :) Let's just say it doesn't look the same after two pregnancies. The belly ring was probably smarter :P
P.S. Love Love the quilt.. so colorful!
I will definitely do this. And I had no idea you got a belly ring!! You crack me up :)
Love the quilt! I'll try to do this soon :)
Post a Comment